Workplace Asbestos Inspection:
Identification of building materials suspected to contain asbestos
- Description of the condition of the suspected ACM
- Identification of urgent and serious safety hazards
- Recommendations regarding management and removal
- Recommendations regarding sampling
- If your inspection includes sampling, you will receive:
- A record of locations
- Photographic information
- Lab analysis reports
Once asbestos is identified in a workplace we have a number of other services, to help you comply with WHS obligations, including:
- Labelling of asbestos locations
- Creation of an asbestos register
- Creation of asbestos management plans
- Scheduled or recurrent condition inspections
What do the Inspectors inspect?
When we attend a building we do a full inspection including:
- All internal areas – every room, including storage areas, plant and equipment, etc.
- Inside the roof space (sometimes called roof void or cavity)
- Underneath the floor (unless it’s a concrete slab)
- On the roof of single storey buildings, prior arrangements should be made if you want 2+ storey roofs inspected for safety reasons.
- All external areas
- The Site
What are the limitations of Asbestos Inspections?
All building inspections are limited to accessible areas of the building and site. You should always expect that limitations on the scope of the inspection will occur.
For example these include: wall, ceiling and floor coverings, fixed fittings like cabinetry and external elements such as landscaping preventing us from full inspection.
These limitations and obstructions will be documented and we will give our opinion as to the degree of risk that undetected asbestos represents. Where it is medium to high we advise you to have a more invasive inspection.
When will I be able to get the asbestos inspection done?
In almost all cases we can get an asbestos inspection done within 24-48 hours.
When will I get the Report?
After the inspection you should expect to receive the Report within 10 working days. Please advise the inspector if you need it sooner.
There are occasionally times when it may take longer to get your report, but we let you know if this happens
Penalties – Link to Penalties under Gov Regs