If you do not abide by the new regulations by obtaining the necessary report and register within the timeframe allotted, you may be fined. The fines can range up to $37,500.00 or six month imprisonment, right through to fines of up to $150,000.00 or three years imprisonment.
Asbestos Management Services will provide you with total compliance for the State and National Legislation for the Management of Asbestos in Workplaces.
Stringent new legislation calls for “Persons with Control” of workplaces to comply with the Code of Practice for the Management and Control of Asbestos in Workplaces [NOHSC:2018 (2005)]. ALL State Governments have ratified this code.
AMS auditing teams are professional, discreet and do not discuss the audit with your staff, tenants or contractors unless invited to.
A person in control is identified as;
Person with Control means, in relation to premises, a person who has control of premises used as a workplace. The person with control may be:
- the owner of the premises;
- a person who has, under any contract or lease, an obligation to maintain or repair the premises;
- a person who is occupying the premises;
- a person who is able to make decisions about work undertaken at the premises; or
- an employer at the premises.
Are You Affected?
You must comply with the legislation: Persons in Control of buildings have a duty of care to
- Develop an Asbestos management Plan
- Investigate their premises for the presence of ACM
- Develop a register of identified or presumed ACM
- Remove or minimize the risk of ACM
- Implement Control Measures.